How to Get a Copy of Divorce Decree


If you are in the process of getting divorced, you may be wondering how to get a copy of your divorce decree. While it may sound like a difficult process, it can actually be fairly simple to obtain a copy of the divorce decree. You can contact your state’s divorce certificate office and request a copy by mail. All you need is a letter stating your name, the date of your divorce, and a stamped envelope. The office will mail you a copy of the divorce documents along with a receipt for the certification fee.

It is not necessary to obtain a copy of a divorce decree

There are a number of reasons why you might need a copy of your divorce decree. Regardless of the reason, it is a good idea to keep your copy somewhere safe in case you need to reference it in the future. After all, you may need to use it to change your name on several credit cards, for example. Most credit card companies will accept a photocopy of your divorce decree as proof of your new name.

The easiest way to get a copy of your divorce decree is to contact the clerk of court. Most courts will be happy to provide you with a copy of your divorce decree if you request it, but if you need one quickly, there are several alternatives. One way is to visit the court clerk’s office, request a copy, and pay a small fee. It is also worth noting that some agencies require a certified copy of your divorce decree.

A divorce decree is a document that is finalized by a judge. If your divorce involves a court hearing or trial, you will have to fill out divorce forms, such as the Answer and Request for Divorce. If you don’t want your spouse to have access to the decree, you can file an appeal.

It is not necessary to submit a certified statement

A copy of your divorce decree is an important document that will show you what you and your ex have agreed to do during the divorce. It will detail the terms of child custody, spousal support, and property division. You will also need this document if you want to apply for retirement benefits, a passport, or change your name on your driver’s license. But because a divorce decree is a legal document, you can’t just go and obtain a copy of it. You will need a certified statement in order to get your copy.

If you have a certified statement from a government agency, you can substitute it for your divorce decree. Alternatively, you can submit a supplementary notarized personal affidavit from a family member. To use a supplementary notarized personal affidavit, the relative must be older than you. In this document, the relative must state that they are a relative of the applicant and that they have knowledge of your identity.

When you apply for a divorce decree in New Jersey, you can obtain it by going to the Superior Court of New Jersey’s Records Center. You can also obtain a copy of the divorce decree by visiting the records office in person. The office is open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. You will need to present a valid government-issued photo ID when you go in to view the documents.

It is not necessary to obtain a certified statement

If your divorce was final, but you do not have a certified statement, you can still obtain a copy of the divorce decree by contacting the county courthouse in which the divorce was granted. You will need to provide proof of your legal status and the other party must be willing to sign it before the court will release the divorce decree.

The date of filing is located in the upper right corner of the first page. If you cannot find the decree, you may submit a personal affidavit in lieu of a certified statement. This affidavit must be notarized and must explain why the divorce decree is not available.

Another option is to obtain a supplemental notarized personal affidavit from a relative. The relative should be older than the applicant and must state that he/she has personal knowledge of the applicant. In addition to the affidavit, the relative should explain how he or she came to know the applicant and how they know him or her.

Once the parties file the paperwork to finalize the divorce, they can make an agreement on the terms. Once this occurs, the court prepares a final Decree of Divorce. The defendant must file an Answer and pay the filing fee. The judge will then sign the Decree and serve it on the other party.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:




More like this

Can You Go to Jail For Sexually Harassing Someone?

Whether you can go to jail for sexually harassing...

What to do if someone scratches your car while parked?

There are many steps to take when someone hits...

How to Get a Scammer in Trouble

Reporting a scam If you think you've been a victim...

What If a Tenant Doesnt Move Out on Time?

Writ of possession If you have successfully won an eviction...